Why is health insurance for my pet important?
We believe it is important for all pets to have a good pet health insurance plan. First of all, most of the diseases we see in veterinary medicine are related to breed/heredity. Example of breed-related diseases include:
- Certain heart diseases like dilated cardiomyopathy, mitral valve disease, and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in cats
- Ophthalmic diseases like cataracts and glaucoma
- Musculoskelteal diseases like patellar luxations and hip dysplasia
Second, unexpected illness or injuries and life-threatening emergencies can happen. It is tragic when the cost of treatment prohibits a pet from receiving a life-saving procedure.
What plan do you recommend?
We recommend Nationwide Pet Insurance. Benefits include:
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Annual deductible
- Reimbursed up to 90% on veterinary bills
- Preventive care included (vaccinations, spay/neuter, teeth cleaning)
- Specialty and emergency clinic exams covered in addition to wellness exams
- Hospitalization and surgery, including preventive and elective procedure
- Injuries and illnesses, including cancer and hereditary conditions
- Diagnostic testing (x-ray, ultrasound, CT, MRI)
- Prescribed nutritional supplements, therapeutic diets, and medications
- No waiting period for hereditary conditions
- Prescribed holistic and alternative treatments
- Pre-existing conditions, fees like sales tax, and boarding/grooming are not covered