Pet Health Insurance
We’ve compiled some information on pet health insurance options for your review! Read below for a complete breakdown.
Peace of Mind
Why is health insurance for my pet important?
We believe it is important for all pets to have a good pet health insurance plan. First of all, most of the diseases we see in veterinary medicine are related to breed/heredity. Example of breed-related diseases include:
- Certain heart diseases like dilated cardiomyopathy, mitral valve disease, and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in cats
- Ophthalmic diseases like cataracts and glaucoma
- Musculoskeletal diseases like patellar luxations and hip dysplasia
Second, unexpected illnesses or injuries and life-threatening emergencies can happen. It is tragic when the cost of treatment prohibits a pet from receiving a life-saving procedure.
What plans do you recommend?
Pumpkin Insurance: Insurance That Puts Your Pet First!
We’re recommending a great new pet insurance program that will help you save money! Pumpkin Insurance has a 90% reimbursement rate, offers best-in-class insurance for accidents and illnesses, and has a smart annual limit based on real claim data. And unlike other plans, it has extensive coverage that includes hereditary conditions and dental disease.
Plus, it has a great preventive care option that fully covers annual wellness exam fees, key vaccines, and lab tests every year. You have up to 14 days after your annual wellness visit to sign up for Pumpkin Insurance with wellness coverage in order to receive a full refund on your wellness exam, vaccines (2 for dogs and 1 for cats), and 2 screening tests.
We also recommend Nationwide Pet Insurance. Benefits include:
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Annual deductible
- Reimbursed up to 90% on veterinary bills
- Preventive care included (vaccinations, spay/neuter, teeth cleaning)
- Specialty and emergency clinic exams covered in addition to wellness exams
- Hospitalization and surgery, including preventive and elective procedure
- Injuries and illnesses, including cancer and hereditary conditions
- Diagnostic testing (X-ray, ultrasound, CT, MRI)
- Prescribed nutritional supplements, therapeutic diets, and medications
- No waiting period for hereditary conditions
- Prescribed alternative treatments
- Pre-existing conditions, fees like sales tax, and boarding/grooming are not covered